Vine leaf saganaki with oxymelo



I'm pretty sure I saw a similar recipe in one of the Gourmet Traveller magazine's a few years ago. From memory it was an A la Greque recipe which used kefalograviera.  (which by the way I prefer)  I didn't write down the recipe as I never follow them but vividly remember the photo.  It was beautiful!
Here is my recipe.

Recipe
Krasotiri (wine cheese or any saganaki style cheese)
6 or so fresh vineleaves
cherry tomatoes on vine
oxymelo (ancient condiment of honey and vinegar - 3 tbs honey to 1 tbs vinegar)


1) In a moderate to high oven place the tomatoes and drizzle with honey, balsamic vinegar and salt.  Bake for about 15 minutes.

2)  In the meantime wrap pieces of the cheese in the fresh vineleaves and fry in olive oil.  Carefully turning over after a couple of minutes.

3) Place the vineleaf wrapped cheese on a serving plate and then position the baked tomatoes on top.

4) Drizzle with warmed oxymelo and serve

My ingredients

Ready to wrap

Evangeline at work!

Frying time


Voila....


Enjoy...It is delicious if I don't say so myself!

Carol xx


Comments

Popular Posts